Back to Support
Most Popular FAQs
- When using EDCRASH, what is the difference between the ... (927 views)
- How do I start my simulation with the vehicle ... (846 views)
- How do I properly install HVE on my computer? ... (818 views)
- I'm trying to accelerate a vehicle in reverse in ... (772 views)
- I am editing the exterior dimensions of a vehicle ... (764 views)
- Is there a list of cases in which results ... (762 views)
- I have a 16 second simulation run, but I ... (728 views)
- Are there any issues when installing my HVE (or ... (728 views)
- When I start my HVE or HVE-2D program, I ... (713 views)
- In a SIMON simulation, how is the torque and/or ... (697 views)
- HVE does not restart properly after saving a vehicle ... (2013-04-23 22:42)
- I'm trying to determine the effects of changes in ... (2012-12-28 01:36)
- How can I easily display the upper left and ... (2012-12-28 01:35)
- I want to have a human driver in both ... (2012-12-28 01:33)
- I am trying to open a recent casefile ... ... (2012-12-28 01:29)
I am editing the exterior dimensions of a vehicle from the EDVDB vehicle database and I do not see the geometry file scaling to match the new positions of the red spheres indicating the exterior dimensions of the vehicle. Why?
The exterior geometry of a vehicle from the EDVDB database is an exact 3D model of an actual vehicle made by physically recording the vehicle using a digitizer. This geometry is not resizable and cannot be edited within the Vehicle Editor, except for changing the color of the vehicle. When you edit the exterior dimensions of the vehicle by clicking on the red spheres and changing the values, you are changing the values of the dataset for the vehicle, but you are not editing the geometry mesh. If you edit the exterior dimensions of a Generic vehicle, you will see that the generic geometry does scale to match your new dimensions. This is because the generic vehicle body is drawn by HVE.
- How do I properly install HVE on my computer?
- Every now and then I find that the X-Y crosshair (dragger) manipulator for positioning a vehicle in the Event Editor disappears. If I move the camera inside the vehicle, I find that the manipulator is still present at the CG of the vehicle, but has become
- How do I start my simulation with the vehicle traveling in reverse?
- Why is it that when I try to do a rollover in EDVSM, the body of the vehicle falls right through the environment geometry as if it wasn't there?
- I notice that when I open an old case (pre-Version 7) and look at the Accident History output report in Playback, the units displayed at the top of each column and the corresponding numbers below are not correct. How do I fix this issue?
765/82%Last update: 2011-08-15 22:58