Back to Support
- Are the data in the output reports updated when ... (27763 views)
- Every now and then I find that the X-Y ... (27280 views)
- I am unable to open the Help Topics. ... (26312 views)
- How do I start my simulation with the vehicle ... (25919 views)
- I recently installed Version 8 on my new computer ... (23500 views)
- When I try to install HVE, the process is ... (22164 views)
- When I start my HVE or HVE-2D program, I ... (18515 views)
- Why am I getting "Bad or Incompatible Vehicle Data: ... (18420 views)
- What can I do to get past an "Out ... (18245 views)
- I’m simulating a collision using SIMON/DyMESH involving two generic ... (17714 views)
- I’m simulating a collision using SIMON/DyMESH involving two generic ... (2013-07-25 19:54)
- When I try to install HVE, the process is ... (2013-07-17 01:31)
- I can't get the selected output variables to display ... (2013-07-17 01:31)
- Why am I getting "Bad or Incompatible Vehicle Data: ... (2013-07-17 01:30)
- What can I do to get past an "Out ... (2013-07-17 01:30)
I recently installed Version 8 on my new computer with Windows 7. During the installation, I noticed the default installation location is now C:\HVE, rather than C:\Program Files. Why?
Starting with the Windows Vista operating system and continuing on in Windows 7, the Program Files directory location has security settings that make it very difficult or impossible for applications like HVE to create and store necessary operating files within the installation tree. When you run HVE, you generate temporary files, case files and other supporting files directly within the HVE directory. If you had full Administrator privileges, then you may be able to override the security settings of the Program Files directory. However, your user created files may still wind up being placed into a virtual store under your logged in User directory. To keep your access to case files and your overall use of HVE simple, we have changed the default installation location to be just C:\HVE (or C:\HVE-2D or C:\HVE-CSI depending upon your system software).
- How do I properly install HVE on my computer?
- Every now and then I find that the X-Y crosshair (dragger) manipulator for positioning a vehicle in the Event Editor disappears. If I move the camera inside the vehicle, I find that the manipulator is still present at the CG of the vehicle, but has become
- I notice that when I open an old case (pre-Version 7) and look at the Accident History output report in Playback, the units displayed at the top of each column and the corresponding numbers below are not correct. How do I fix this issue?
- What are the recommended computer requirements?
- I am seeing unexpected behaviors such as random program crashes, dialogs with parts missing or not being displayed at all, or parts of an environment model not being displayed properly in some editors. How can I correct this?
23501/84%Last update: 2011-08-16 19:52