Back to Support
- Are the data in the output reports updated when ... (27763 views)
- Every now and then I find that the X-Y ... (27280 views)
- I am unable to open the Help Topics. ... (26311 views)
- How do I start my simulation with the vehicle ... (25919 views)
- I recently installed Version 8 on my new computer ... (23500 views)
- When I try to install HVE, the process is ... (22164 views)
- When I start my HVE or HVE-2D program, I ... (18515 views)
- Why am I getting "Bad or Incompatible Vehicle Data: ... (18419 views)
- What can I do to get past an "Out ... (18244 views)
- I’m simulating a collision using SIMON/DyMESH involving two generic ... (17713 views)
- I’m simulating a collision using SIMON/DyMESH involving two generic ... (2013-07-25 19:54)
- When I try to install HVE, the process is ... (2013-07-17 01:31)
- I can't get the selected output variables to display ... (2013-07-17 01:31)
- Why am I getting "Bad or Incompatible Vehicle Data: ... (2013-07-17 01:30)
- What can I do to get past an "Out ... (2013-07-17 01:30)
I am unable to open the Help Topics.
This situation "On a computer that is running Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2, you may be unable to use the Help feature in some programs." is addressed in the following support article from the Microsoft website -
The above link allows you to download and install the legacy WinHlp32.exe application that matches your Windows operating system. Once you have completed the installation, you will be able to select Help, Help Topics and view the content as expected.
Because the Help file only provides very basic user interface information, you should look to the PDF version of User and Physics Manuals for detailed operation and application information. These are easily found from your Windows Desktop menu by selecting Start, All Programs, HVE (or HVE-2D or HVE-CSI) and then Manuals.
- I notice that when I open an old case (pre-Version 7) and look at the Accident History output report in Playback, the units displayed at the top of each column and the corresponding numbers below are not correct. How do I fix this issue?
- When I start my HVE or HVE-2D program, I see a message that indcates a license file was not found and I am running in Demo Mode. I am sure I have a license. Why am I getting this message?
- I've noticed that I can use SceneViewer to view a vehicle geometry provided with HVE, but not an environment geometry. Why? How is a vehicle .h3d file different from an environment .h3d file?
- I am trying to clean up a case file and would like to delete an unnecessary vehicle in the Vehicle Editor. I am unable to delete the vehicle using the toolbar button or the menu option; both are grayed out. What do I need to do?
- I am trying to open a case in Version 8.10 and I am getting a message that the filename is too long. I didn't get this message in the previous version, so what do I have to do to open my case?
26312/94%Last update: 2011-12-28 23:45