Education & Training
||HVE Forum Workshop Schedule
DyMESH 3-D Collision Model, Version 3
Instructor: Terry D. Day
Time: Wednesday, 8:30 AM
The purpose of this workshop is to acquaint the student with the capabilities of the updated DyMESH collision model. The following material is covered:
Upon completing this workshop, the student will understand the theory of DyMESH and its applications to real-world 3-dimensional collision and rollover simulation events. The workshop will include a special emphasis on the differences between DyMESH versions 2 and 3.
- Basic DyMESH Overview - The student is exposed to the basic modeling approach used by DyMESH, and how DyMESH calculates forces between vehicles.
- Modeling of Wheel Impact - The student learns how DyMESH calculates forces acting on a vehicle's wheels (new for DyMESH Version 3).
- DyMESH Integration into SIMON - The student learns how DyMESH Version 3 is incorporated into the SIMON model to provide a complete simulation of a collision event.
- DyMESH Output Parameters - The outputs resulting from a collision simulation are presented and explained.
- DyMESH Validation - Validations are presented providing examples of the use of DyMESH for vehicle vs. vehicle and vehicle vs. barrier crashes.
back to workshop schedule