|HVE Forum Workshop Schedule
Simulation Movies: HD Video Output
Instructor: Daniel Peralta
Time: Thursday, 1:30 PM
The purpose of this workshop is to acquaint the student with the capabilities of the Playback Editor and the new HVE Video Creator. The following material is covered:
Upon completing this workshop, the student will be able to view and print output reports, trajectory simulations and variable output tables. The student will also be able to create a multiple-event accident sequence, and create and replay high definition simulation videos in multiple video formats.
- Creating and Printing Reports - The student will learn how to select and print the various output reports produced by each event.
- Variable Output - The student will learn how to select and print time-dependent parameters produced by each simulation event.
- Creating Trajectory Simulations - The student will learn how to select Trajectory Simulations produced by each simulation event.
- Viewer Basics - The student will learn how to use the two basic methods available for setting the view: Viewer Thumb Wheels and Set Camera dialog.
- Using the Video Creator - The student will learn how to combine multiple simulations into the Video Creator Window. The "rules of precedence" will be addressed.
- Object-based Cameras - The student will learn how to attach the view (camera) to a moving object (e.g., vehicle). The use of a "Camera Car" is also addressed.
- Creating Real-time Simulations - The student will learn how to use the HVE Video Creator to create a real-time HD video of the current sequence in the Video Creator.
back to workshop schedule
Advanced Video Techniques
Instructor: James P. Sneddon
Time: Friday, 8:30 AM
This workshop is for the user who is already familiar with creating simulation movies in HVE and wants to learn advanced techniques to enhance their HVE videos. Extended uses for EDGEN beyond vehicle kinematics will also be demonstrated.
The following material is covered:
Note: A portion of this workshop uses Adobe Premier to illustrate enhancement concepts that must be performed using other video editing software tools in conjunction with HVE outputs.
- Extracting frames from HVE videos
- Adding text and graphics to frames
- Adding timers, speedometers, or distance markers to HVE videos
- Using EDGEN to create illustrative icons
- Merging graphics or videos using blue screens
- Adding title slides to videos
Upon completing this workshop, the student will understand the efforts and methodologies required to enhance their simulation videos.
back to workshop schedule